How To Measure Your Ring Size At Home
Not knowing your ring size can be one of the most off-putting factors when it comes to shopping for jewellery online, but it's surprisingly easy to work out yours from home. Just follow this simple Vellva guide and learn how to measure your ring size in less than a minute.
You Will Need:
- A piece of string or ribbon, a felt tip, a ruler.
- Wrap the string around the base of the finger you want to wear your ring on. You want it to feel fitted but not too tight, the idea here is to replicate the fit of a comfortable ring.
- Make a mark on the string using the felt tip at the point where it crosses over itself.
- Lay the string out flat on the table and use the ruler to measure the length of the marked string. Use millimetres (mm) as this is the industry standard unit of measure for ring sizes in the UK.
- You now have the circumference of your finger, and you can use the conversion chart below to work out your ring size.
- Your fingers can shrink at least half a ring size when you're cold, so make sure your hands are nice and warm when you measure your finger to avoid an inaccurate measurement.
- The evening is the best time to measure your fingers as that's when they'll be at their largest.
- Rings with thick bands will fit tighter than thinner ones, so you may need to go up a size if you're buying a chunky style.
- If you're in between sizes and not sure which to go for, always size up.
Still Unsure of Your Size?
Have you followed these steps but still not sure that you've got the size right? No worries! We offer refunds or exchanges on all of our rings, so you can shop with confidence.